All proceeds from the Great Akron Scarecrow Festival are used to fund projects and programs in the Akron and Westfield communities.
Interested non-profit organizations can apply for donations twice a year:
- By December 1 for review/distribution in January
- By April 1 for review/distribution in May
Organizations may also be asked to present their request at Friendship & Service Club meetings in order to provide more detail or answer questions about the request.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 712-551-7918.
Proceeds from the 2016 festival supported:
- City of Akron swimming pool fund
- Akron City Park – new sidewalks to access shelter house
- Birdie & Carol Harris School of Performing Arts summer academy
- Akron EMS
- Akron Area Museum
- Akron Public Library
- Akron Children’s Center
- Akron Opera House for March 2017 children’s theater production
- Akron-Westfield National History Day students
- Akron-Westfield FFA
- Akron Senior Center
- Akron-Westfield Dance Team
- Akron-Westfield Art Club
- Johnson Juniors 4-H Club