All proceeds from the Great Akron Scarecrow Festival are used to fund projects and programs in the Akron and Westfield communities.
Interested non-profit organizations can apply for donations twice a year:
- By December 1 for review/distribution in January
- By April 1 for review/distribution in May
Organizations may also be asked to present their request at Friendship & Service Club meetings in order to provide more detail or answer questions about the request.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 712-551-7918.
Proceeds from the 2017 festival supported a number of programs including:
- City of Akron swimming pool fund
- Akron Care Center
- Akron EMS
- Akron Historical Society/Akron Area Museum
- Akron Opera House for March 2018 children’s theater production
- Akron Public Library for summer reading books and young adult books
- Akron Senior Center
- Akron-Westfield National History Day students
- Akron-Westfield Community School for purchase of AED replacement batteries
- Akron-Westfield FFA
- Akron-Westfield Dance Team
- Akron-Westfield Art Club
- Birdie & Carol Harris School of Performing Arts for summer musical theatre academy programming
- Johnson Juniors 4-H Club