Enter to win your share of more than $1,000 in cash prizes!
Looking for inspiration? Check out photos of winners from 2021 to spark your creativity!!
Scarecrows must be entered at the registration booth between 8:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, September 17, at Akron City Park.
No advance registration is required. View full contest rules and scarecrow specifications here.
Judging will take place at 10:00 a.m., with winners announced at noon.
All scarecrows will be auctioned at 2:30 p.m. Entrants in the Preschool through 5th Grade category can choose to keep their scarecrows. All others will be auctioned.
Age Category Winners
Three winners are chosen in each category with a total of $600 in cash prizes.
Preschool through 5th grade
– First place – $50
– Second place – $40
– Third place – $30
6th through 12th grade
– First place – $80
– Second place – $60
– Third place -$40
– First place – $150
– Second place – $100
– Third place – $80
Best of Show
A Best of Show winner is awarded to one entry from all categories, including Friendship & Service Club member entries.
People’s Choice Award
Festival goers can vote for their favorite scarecrow. Voting ends at 11:30 am. Winner receives $25 cash prize.
Club Choice Awards
Cash prizes of $25 will be awarded to scarecrows in 10 categories. If no scarecrow meets the criteria for a category, that prize will not be given. Categories include:
- Most Creative – featuring the most unique or creative uses of materials to build a scarecrow
- Best “Scare” Crow – the scariest entry we can find!
- Best School Spirit – celebrating Akron-Westfield pride or your favorite college or university spirit
- Best Community Spirit – showing pride in Akron
- Nature’s Harvest – best use of natural materials
- Best Use of Recycled Materials
- Most Clever
- Most Patriotic
- Best Book Character
- Best Movie or TV Character