- Preschool through 5th Grade
- 6th through 12th Grade
- Contestants may enter more than one scarecrow in the contest. An entry blank must be filled out for each scarecrow
- Fully assembled scarecrows should be brought to Akron City Park between 8am and 9:30am on Saturday, Sept. 18. No pre-registration is necessary.
- There is no entry fee
- Scarecrows can be made by an individual, group or a business
- A steel fence post is provided for each scarecrow for display. Each scarecrow must be built with a horizontal support for the body to be attached to the post. Please bring wire, rope, etc. for attaching to post.
- Scarecrows must be stuffed with weatherproof materials such as straw, plastic bags, etc.
- Minimum height for scarecrows is 4 feet from head to toe
- All items in the scarecrow display at the time of judging will be auctioned with the scarecrow, including any props, signage, electronics, or other materials.
- All scarecrows (with the exception of Preschool to 5th grade division) will become the property of the Friendship & Service Club for the purpose of auctioning the scarecrows for community projects supported by the Club. Auction will take place at 2:30pm. Auction buyers will want the scarecrows to be on outdoor display after purchase. Please construct scarecrows out of durable materials and attach all decorations securely.
- In fairness to all contestants, youth entries are expected to be completed by the child entrant. Parents may assist in placing the scarecrows on display.
- No political statements, vulgarity or profanity will be admitted. All scarecrows are subject to standards of display and good taste set by contest officials.
- Individual members of the Friendship & Service Club may not compete for monetary prizes. Club members may build scarecrows for display and auction and be eligible for Best of Show and People’s Choice awards.