PLEASE NOTE – RULES AND DETAILS FOR 2020 CONTEST ARE BEING FINALIZED AND WILL BE POSTED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
- Preschool through 5th Grade
- 6th through 12th Grade
- Contestants may enter more than one scarecrow in the contest. An entry blank must be filled out for each scarecrow
- Fully assembled scarecrows should be brought to Reed Street (final location TBD) between 10am and 12pm on Saturday, Sept. 12. No pre-registration is necessary.
- There is no entry fee
- Scarecrows can be made by an individual, group or a business
- A steel fence post is provided for each scarecrow for display. Each scarecrow must be built with a horizontal support for the body to be attached to the post. Please bring wire, rope, etc. for attaching to post.
FOR THE 2020 CONTEST, SCARECROWS CAN ALSO BE SITTING DOWN AND WILL BE PLACED ON STRAW BALES OR OTHER STRUCTURES.
- Scarecrows must be stuffed with weatherproof materials such as straw, plastic bags, etc.
- Minimum height for scarecrows is 4 feet from head to toe
- All items in the scarecrow display at the time of judging will be auctioned with the scarecrow, including any props, signage, electronics, or other materials.
- All scarecrows (with the exception of Preschool to 5th grade division) will become the property of the Friendship & Service Club for the purpose of auctioning the scarecrows for community projects supported by the Club. Auction will take place online beginning Saturday afternoon. Auction buyers will want the scarecrows to be on outdoor display after purchase. Please construct scarecrows out of durable materials and attach all decorations securely.
- In fairness to all contestants, youth entries are expected to be completed by the child entrant. Parents may assist in placing the scarecrows on display.
- No political statements, vulgarity or profanity will be admitted. All scarecrows are subject to standards of display and good taste set by contest officials.
- Individual members of the Friendship & Service Club may not compete for monetary prizes. Club members may build scarecrows for display and auction and be eligible for Best of Show and People’s Choice awards.