All proceeds from the Great Akron Scarecrow Festival are used to fund projects and programs in the Akron and Westfield communities.
Interested non-profit organizations can apply for donations twice a year:
- By December 1 for review/distribution in January
- By April 1 for review/distribution in May.
Organizations may also be asked to present their request at Friendship & Service Club meetings in order to provide more detail or answer questions about the request.
Questions? Contact email@example.com or 712-551-7918.
Proceeds from the 2019 festival supported a number of programs including:
- Akron-Westfield Community School District for lunch program during COVID-19 outbreak
- Akron Children’s Center
- Akron Golf Club
- Akron Public Library for children and young adult books
- Akron Opera House for sponsorship of Missoula Children’s Theatre Performance
- Akron Police Department
- Akron-Westfield National History Day students
- Akron-Westfield Community School scholarships and music awards
- Akron-Westfield FFA
- Akron-Westfield Dance Team
- Akron-Westfield Art Club
- Akron-Westfield music program
- Johnson Juniors 4-H Club